Monday, May 13, 2013

What are others saying about being joyful always?

I took our theme verse for May and googled it - "Be joyful always."  Here are some things I found:

*Being joyful is more than a feeling.  It is a state of mind or attitude.  One reason we can be joyful always is that joy is not related to our day to day experiences or situations.  Joy says that when things are going well we can approach life with a positive attitude and a smile on our face.  Joy says that when things are rotten in our lives we approach life with a positive attitude and a smile on our face.  My saddest, scariest, most angriest time of my life was when my mother passed away suddenly at only 60 years old.  It was joy that got me through that time without slipping into a massive depression.  I know that my redeemer lives.  Joy in knowing that God is in control and that he has a plan for my life allowed me to weep with sorrow and still live positively.

*True joy comes from Jesus and his good news.  When the angels announced the birth of Christ they said they had good news of great joy!  Why can we be joyful always?  Because God loves us so much. Because Christ came into this world to heal and save the lost.  Because Christ's blood on the cross washes away my sins.  Because God's spirit is in us, equipping us to do "even greater things."  Because I have a hope and future with Christ one day, praising God in heaven.

*Joy comes from contentedness and assurance.  Reminds me of the truths in the old hymn.  How can you sing these words letting the truth wash over you and not be joyful even in the tears of life:
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

*It is God who whispers the joy into my life.  It is when I stop to talk to him that he can remind me of his love for me.  He tells me that I am His daughter.  Now because of what I can do but because he made me and loves me.  I was crafted by the great Designer.  I'm loved by an all-knowing Father.  I'm the daughter of THE KING.  I'm called by the God of heaven.  Sure I make mistakes, but he who is in me is greater than he who is of the world.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! Preach it! I love this! So much TRUTH in your blog. I have found my joy comes when I am thankful for all things, knowing God is sovereign, in control and wants the best for me.
    Thank you for writing ~ You are a blessing. :)
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete